Sunday, June 5, 2011

Peeling Out on a Banana


Orangeacid/creativecommons.org

“Watch out for that banana peel!”
Have you ever heard anyone say this?
I’m assuming the answer is no.
However, I’ve seen cartoon characters slip and fall on banana peels…but never in real life.
My question is…
"Can this really happen?"
Can someone really slip and fall on a banana peel?

KnutBurmeister'sphotostream

Or is this just a myth?
Well if you’ve been following my blog then you know that I just had to do some research on this...
And believe it or not, this myth has raised more eyebrows then you think.

digitalART2'Sphotostream

I was actually kind of shocked that so many people were curious about this question.
There were even experiments conducted on this myth by the TV show “Myth Busters.”
Here is a link to one of their experiments I found on YouTube.
So if you just watched the video, then you would find that the myth is not true
Unless of course you are walking on hundreds of banana peels (like that happens every day)…
Or as Myth Busters would say, “The myth was busted.”
Yea, ok, there is somewhat of a natural lubricant inside of the peel…
And yes, it may be slippery…

alykat'sphotostream

And there is probably a chance that you can actually slip and fall on a banana peel…
But wouldn’t that be the same for any foreign object on the floor?
Think about it.
If there is something on the floor that you don’t see, and you step on it or stumble over it...
There is a chance that you can actually slip and fall…
Banana peel or not.

creativeTool'sphotostream

It could be a child’s toy, a pair of shoes, a paper towel…
Do you get what I’m saying?
So personally, I’d have to agree with Myth Busters on this one.
What do you think?
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this.
Please don’t hesitate to tell me what’s On Ur Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment