Thursday, June 30, 2011

Can You Really Take Their Word For It?

A few months ago there were some people on the news…

And they owned an ice cream parlor…

TheCulinaryGeek
And at that ice cream parlor they served ice cream…

Strawberry, vanilla, chocolate,

And everyone’s favorite…

Roast chicken.

No, you didn’t read it wrong…

I did say roast chicken.

DavidRecordon
Yes, roast chicken flavored ice cream.

From some weird place that served weired ice cream.

That’s just weird to me.

And this is the only word I can think of that properly describes the menu.

Hmmm…let me try to remember exactly what it was I saw…

Ok, so they will specially make your desired flavor for you...

If it’s not made already.

Whatever you like.

And I mean whatever you like… (as long as it is an option there of course).

Ravenelle'sphotostream
And there were plenty of options, trust me.

So, here are a few items I remembered from the menu…

Asparagus

fotodawg
Beets

Chicken

and

Cheeseburger

Wow.

I don’t remember exactly how they did it, but they did it.

However, there were some flavors that sparked my interest…

Apple Cinnamon

Blueberry

TheCulinaryGeek
Waffle (yes, waffle flavored)

and

Almond

Now, these flavors are just to name a few.

I remember seeing a “clip” of the ice cream shop and there was a whole bunch of things to choose from.

Probably stuff even crazier than the chicken flavored.

Anyways, one of the news anchors tried the beet flavor and another tried the chicken flavor…

“Mmmm…this is excellent!”

“Oh, this is really good.”

“Mmmmmmmmmm, not bad.”

bongovongophotostream
Yea right!!!

Ok, I like chicken and asparagus and all…

But for ice cream?

Nah.

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me…

And I know this has to be intriguing to some people…and that’s fine.

And I know there is someone reading this blog right now who would LOVE to have a chicken flavored ice cream cone…

But not for me…

NO.

And I’m up to try new things…

basykes
Hey why not…

I’d probably try it in a little sampler cup, you know, like the ones they give you at Baskin Robbins?

But to order a few big scoops of chicken flavored ice cream…

And then eat it on a cone…

And hey, why not add chocolate syrup and sprinkles??

NO.

So ever since then, I noticed that people who try food on television NEVER say

“I don’t like this.”

smlp.co.uk
Politely and simply put.

Honestly, I can’t recall a time when I heard a news person say...

“Oh, now I don’t like that too much.”

And the same goes for talk shows.

Ok now, I know these people are on television and rude remarks may get you…

A)     Fired
         or

B)      Sued

And who wants to “ruin anyone’s reputation” or get fired?

Totally understandable (as far as the rudeness goes).

But really…

Pay attention to this.

Think about it…

Have you ever heard a TV personality say they didn’t like the food they were sampling?

Can it always be “sooooo good?”

geograph.org.uk
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this.

Please don’t hesitate to tell me what’s OnUrMind.







Click here for aprilromo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment