Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Have You Ever Noticed...

I have been around video games my whole life, seriously.

JacobMetcalf
I remember when Nintendo first came out—I use to love playing Super Mario Brothers…

I was good too.

And what about Mike Tyson's Punch Out?

Here I was, about 8 years old (give or take), woopin’ some ass…

CharlesWilliams
Bam!

And to this day, no one believes me when I tell them I actually beat Mike Tyson on Mike Tyson's Punch Out. 

(Please keep in mind that I have three older brothers).


Could I do it again?


Probably not…


What am I getting at?

pheaber
Well, I paid a visit to an arcade bar in downtown Denver…

1up.”

Pretty cool place.

And it's exactly what it says it is…

It kind of reminds me of an adult version of Chuck E. Cheese

(Minus the ball pen and yellow prize tickets of course).

They even have Skee-Ball.

sambeckwith
And practically all the “classics” are there…

Galaga, Pac Man, Donkey Kong…

And my point is...

Have you ever noticed that everyone has a video game face?

“A what?”

A video game face.

I noticed that when someone is really into a game, they make a face.

Now, not just any face...

Pocheco
A special face...

And you only get to see it when they play a video game.

Some people stick their tongues out…

Some people’s upper lip disappears...

wwarby
Some people leave their mouths open…

Squint their eyes…

Tilt their heads…

You get my point?

And I’m seriously amazed at how long someone can go without blinking.

Now back to the story.

So there I was playing Galaga...


And it was then that I noticed...


That I too am guilty of the video game face.

Mine is real serious though...

Stefan
Concentrating...

It looks like I’m studying for finals…

Haha, busted!

And now that you’ve read this, you’re going to notice it too...

Not only with other people…

But with yourself.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this…

Please don’t hesitate to tell me what’s OnUrMind.






click here for aprilromo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment