Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Krav Maga Adventure

I bet most of you are wondering…



What is Krav Maga?

That’s what I said too.

I saw an advertisement for Krav Maga while riding shotgun about a month ago…

And it wasn’t a brightly colored, screaming advertisement that could get your attention from space…


It was simple.

Just a picture of a woman…

Totally ripped…

And it read, “Krav Maga. It’s that good.”

Hmmm…

It’s not boxing…

It’s not martial arts…

And it’s not aerobics…

It’s insane.

And it makes anything I’ve ever done athletically look easy.

Krav Maga is a form of self-defense.

An Israeli form of defense…

These are the guys who train the self-defense instructors of some of Colorado’s law enforcement.

Just to name a few, Colorado State Patrol, Boulder County and Denver

And come to find out, Krav Maga is favored by U.S. law enforcement agencies all over the world…

Yep, they all learned to kick some major ass here–and teach it to their fellow colleagues.

And just when you think you’re in shape…


Well, think again.

It seems like you never stop moving…

Unless of course, you want to.

And I actually did a few times…

When I was pounding the hell out of a bag…

And again when I just couldn’t kick any more.

Then the instructor busted me.

Woops.

So when I got to that point, I had to psychologically psyche myself out…

I swear, I wanted to throw up at least once.

And as bad as that sounds…

This is my kind of workout (haha).

I kind of knew what I was in for after the warm-up…

And this was an intro class.

However there were some people in there that had 3 to 6 months in…

But they did other things on top of Krav Maga.

Like CrossFit…

Something totally different that I need to try.

I still can’t believe how exhausted I got…

And I kept jumping in and out of the class to take pictures and still got winded.

This means I got to take a few more breathers than everyone else…

Oh, and you should’ve seen them.


Red…

Soggy…

And

Exhausted.

This was so much fun.

And with that said, I know what you might be thinking…

No, I wasn’t asked to do this blog…

No perks.

(Not that I’d accept any)

And this isn’t a “pitch.”

I just had to write about Krav Maga because it was a great experience, and I know it will whip you into shape real fast.

I know this because the instructor told me that he once weighed 235 pounds..

(He showed me his drivers license to prove it)
Instructor:MikeMcDonald

And six months into the program he was down to 180…

And this was over 5 years ago.

Another participant who has been there for 6 months told me she seen results in about 2 months or so.

And neither of them have an ounce of fat on them.But, as with everything, you have to work for what you want…

And I find this as a unique way to take care of yourself…

Not only in the name of health…

But in the name of protection as well.

(Especially these days)

So if you’re curious, check it out.

They teach other things besides self-defense…

And I can’t wait to try them.

I’d love to hear your thoughts on this.

Please don’t hesitate to tell me what’s OnUrMind.





Click here for aprilromo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment